Why are Branding Session is Important
Having great photographs of yourself on your website, helps your audience feel that they know and trust you. I understand that this can sound very scary to some. Where to start? What to photograph...As a branding photographer, I will not just help with creating beautiful photographs to showcase on your website but the entire photoshoot will be planned around YOUR brand.
What do you want to be known for? What are you passionate about? Brainstorming and creating a personality-filled session based upon your answers, which makes the session so FUN!!
Okay, you may be thinking.. Why do I need to invest in a branding session?
Does your brand stand out from the competition? Does your website only include stock images or cellphone pictures? Do you even have a website set up? With a comprehensive brand identity in place, YOUR audience is guaranteed to know what it is YOUR business does, what YOU sell, and who YOU are. What do you think of when you visualize your company’s brand? Does your target audience see the same thing you do? How do you create the image you want them to see? A branding session is where you discover the answers to these questions.
You should consider a branding session if:
- You own a business
- You wish to take your business to the next level
- Your ads need a fresh, polished, and professional look.
How it works;
Just like with all my sessions, It’s always best to book your branding session well in advance. This way we have plenty of time to brainstorm for your session. I strongly suggest booking your session 3-4+ months in advance. It’s also important to take into account the time required for editing when booking your business branding session.
Once we have your date set for your photo session, we will begin brainstorming ideas. Photos from your branding session are meant to be very multi-purpose. They can be used for your website, promotional materials, blogs, ads, social media, headers, banners, and more. That’s why planning and analyzing are key.. Knowing where and how you want to use your images will help me get a better understanding, for example, of whether to shoot vertical or horizontal images. If you will want to use text across any of your images, letting me know upfront will help us plan accordingly as well.
Choosing a location
Take the time to think about what your average day looks like. Remember, you want to give your potential clients and audience a look at a day in your life, so your photos need to relay that. You may find that you don’t need to look very hard or far for the perfect location. Your shop or office may be all you need. The best locations are the ones with a lot of natural lighting. I am here to assist if you need help finding a location.
How to use props at your session
- Bringing in your brand colors. Cushions, pillows on a couch, different color files, notebooks, and pens are just some examples of how you can incorporate pops of color. If you’re incorporating any electronics such as your phone or laptop, try choosing a cover that matches your brand as a great way to feature your brand colors.
- Personalizing your photos. Incorporate items that help showcase what you do during the day. A funky planning board for example.
- Create a connection. Showcasing certain books on your desk or coffee table featuring titles that resonate with your audience is a good way to not only incorporate props but also connect with potential clients..
- Give clients an idea of what you’re all about. Flowers, a camera, or a passport (if you love to travel)would work really well to showcase the type of individual you are.
- Detail shots. Close-ups of your hands typing on your laptop, or of your coffee mug next to your laptop are also some popular prop ideas.
Tips for choosing an outfit
- Avoid baggy clothing
- Don’t wear intense colors or busy prints
- Choose the right undergarments ( avoiding bra & panty lines)
- Stay away from any items with logos or wording, unless it’s part of your branding
- When wearing a suit, make sure it’s tailored
- If ties are your thing, but you’re not sure about wearing it, bring one with you anyways! Multiple options are always great.
- Ensure that your undershirt/undergarments are not visible
- Wear clothing that is fitted for your body type. Again, nothing baggy!
The Session Day
The session is finally here and now it’s all about relaxing and enjoying the experience. Please don't stress as I will guide you on how to pose and ensure that you are comfortable to get the best possible shots. We’ll take a mix of lifestyle images and headshots to give your audience a better view of what you do on a daily basis. We’ll also take some behind-the-scenes shots for a more personal view of what it’s like to work with you.
After the session, a sneak peek is ready to view within 72 hours of your shoot. Full galleries are typically ready within 3 weeks depending on my travel schedule. I will send you a link to download your pictures. Any small imperfections will be removed and ensure that the colors really pop. If you have any specific editing requests, please let me know ahead of time.